Apparently "Rickety Rocket" is a 70s/80s cartoon series about four teenagers and their rickety rocket. Does anybody remember it? I don't. Because at that time I was pooing my pants, a day was a month, a month was a lifetime and the universe was the wide open park adjacent to the place where I grew up...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wildlife in Essen

National Geographic would have had a field day. Just came back from a long walk with my father and baby brother in a nature reserve along our beautiful springtime river Ruhr. And guess what - we even saw three large water turtles, lazily lying in the evening sun - right on the log in the middle of the picture, a duck with nine fluffy ducklings floating by. They got really scared when I went closer and they frantically swam towards their calm level-headed mother. Spring now has a firm grip on people's lifes around here, and all those hibernating joggers, cyclers, fishermen, canoeists etc have crept out of their homes and holes. The city meets nature and canadian geese are the supreme rulers of our local river paradise.

1 comment:

Benjamin MacKinnon said...

mmm that looks peaceful