Apparently "Rickety Rocket" is a 70s/80s cartoon series about four teenagers and their rickety rocket. Does anybody remember it? I don't. Because at that time I was pooing my pants, a day was a month, a month was a lifetime and the universe was the wide open park adjacent to the place where I grew up...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Goodbye, and Good Luck

This is goodbye to magnify, the thread and needle, sweet and lime,
A hunch, a weak and futile lie - the urge to sing a lullaby,

To share, what won’t be shared again,
To purge, to heal, to chance, sustain,
To chase what’s brazen into light,
To gain and conquer, reunite,
The story of a gentle friend,
That signified with wonderment.

My friend, I’ve seen you snoop and pray,
For Paragon, the God of May,
Protecting love and luck and play,
Treads softly over heath and hay,
His antlers care to touch the frail.

My dear, I heard you cry tonight,
For Grampian rain is quite contrite,
We carry our precious freight,
The ribbon of a scattered kite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the wild wheat a lot :o)