Apparently "Rickety Rocket" is a 70s/80s cartoon series about four teenagers and their rickety rocket. Does anybody remember it? I don't. Because at that time I was pooing my pants, a day was a month, a month was a lifetime and the universe was the wide open park adjacent to the place where I grew up...

Thursday, October 2, 2008

War in Mindanao

I recently discovered a very good documentary by Al Jazeera about the current crisis in Mindanao on Youtube. I think it gives a very good picture of some of the current threats to peace: It includes a situationer, as well as interviews with civilians, NGOs, Al Haj Murad Ebrahim of the MILF and Gen. Esperon of the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process. It is 22 Minutes long and you can find it

Here (Part 1)

and here (Part 2)


Nothanks, Philippine Daily Inquirer, for the strange cartoon above you published in early August...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, the cartoon is horrible, small-minded and inflammatory.